On Thursday 13 June 2019 at 17:45:02, Joseph Brennan wrote:

> We've been refusing mail based on this stupid error for a year and a half
> (local rule) and no false positive has ever come to attention. The volume
> averages about 50,000 a day here.

What's that as a percentage of total inbound mail?

> Yesterday it was 72,000 from 69.16.199.0/24. It comes from 1 to 3 IP subnets
> each day, changing daily, except that the spammer does not send on Sundays.

That's not something I've ever come across - more spam during US daylight
time, yes, but less spam on Sundays!?

Fascinating.

Antony.

--
Numerous psychological studies over the years have demonstrated that the
majority of people genuinely believe they are not like the majority of people.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.