Apache SpamAssassin it's both an API and a program. In my installation, I
do not use it to do any subject modifications and I use a milter called
mime defang to do that using my own logic.

You can also configure spam d/Spam seed not to modify the subject.

If you would like similar headings removed from spams though why email is
getting multiple would be a question, patches are welcome for consideration.

Regards, KAM