Daniel J McDonald wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 08:16 -0400, Matt Kettler wrote:
>
>> Justin Mason wrote:
>>
>>> What else can we do?
>>>

>> Add code to generate a lint warning any time a .cf file over 1mb is read
>> unless a config option is set to silence it?
>>

> But people don't read logs, or they would know...  I'd suggest die-ing
> instead.

-1 on die-ing. There's no precedent for that in any of SA's existing
behavior, even under the most severe config errors. This is largely done
because it could screw over someones mail queue following an upgrade.

And in this case, even if they read the logs, or ran a --lint, they
wouldn't know anything other than "it's slow" and maybe "it eats memory
like a hog". At least this way we can reach the ones that actually check
the basics.