> From: Anthony Peacock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:49:11 +0000
> To: SpamAssassin Users <users@spamassassin.apache.org>
> Subject: HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI
>
> Hi,
>
> I have just received a number of spam emails which got through the
> filtering system because they hit the HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI rule, which
> give them -8.  They all came to role based addresses that are never used
> to outgoing emails and would certainly never be subscribed to opt in
> email lists.

For our corporate servers, we have turned this off (I personally get to much
spam sent to one of my unpublished email addresses from 'habeas' certified
senders).

For our hosted and email appliance clients, we leave the option 'off' for
just the same reason.

Habeas is ONLY use on marketing emails.  And, obviously not on just 'opt-in'
emails.  Also, obviously from their web site, their first suggestion is
'listwashing', rather then 'clientwashing' which is what they should do.
It happens when 100% of your customers are 'bulk/email marketing' companies.

When they change, we will modify it.

Set score to 0 in local.cf
score HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI 0
score HABEAS_ACCREDITED_SOI 0
score HABEAS_CHECKED 0

At the very least, just account for a high bayes or razor score.
score HABEAS_ACCREDITED_COI -1.0
score HABEAS_ACCREDITED_SOI -0.5
score HABEAS_CHECKED 0

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
>|SECNAP Network Security
Winner 2008 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
FreeBsd SpamAssassin Ports maintainer
Charter member, ICSA labs anti-spam consortium

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(tm).
For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com