On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, Rops wrote:

What means Outlook shoudn't send directly to MX?

It means that rather than having your Outlook mail client directly contact the mail servers (MX hosts) at, say, Microsoft, you should instead send your email via the mail servers at your ISP and have *them* relay the mail to Microsoft for you.

Most legitimate desktop clients behave this way. Having some random desktop sending email directly to somebody's mail server rather than sending it via the desktop's ISP's mail server is how spam zombies behave - they are trying to avoid any filtering, antiforgery or rate control measures in place at the ISP's mail server - so such traffic is pretty much rejected by everyone these days.

I won't go into someone running a mail server at home here.

May it be the result of outgoing and incoming servers being the same??
(mail.neti.ee)

No, it's generally the sign of a spambot. I don't know if any common legitimate mail client these days can be configured to do domain MX lookups for direct delivery in the first place.

I keep all messages, including spam, and now when looking into messages, I'd say that mostly there are flaged as spam messages which really are not and very seldom any real spam. That seems rather weird to me.

I'd like to ask later from my ISP, but first I need to know what's wrong, as else most likely I'dnt get any reply.

Well, the two things I noted - they've lowered the threshold at which a message is considered spam, and don't put a big value on bayes saying "it's not spam" - may be a factor.

The blacklisting is often a problem, as sometimes my messages have been rejected in USA, just because someone of my ISP 500.000 clients has sent spams. Is it ISP to blame and punish with blacklisting, if there may be some bots working?

The ISP's mail servers shouldn't get blacklisted, just the IP addresses that ISP assigns to their customers.

  When designing software, any time you think to yourself "a user
  would never be stupid enough to do *that*", you're wrong.
 Tomorrow: John Moses Browning's 154th Birthday