Henrik K wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 02:36:15PM +0200, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:

>> > Good proposal, imo.
>>
>> Actually, that's pretty much exactly why we brought this up in the
>> first place. :)
>
> I'm just not sure why ask in the first place. Perl 5.6.1 is old.
> Anyone using such system most likely has no support.

And most probably doesn't need much either.  I ran a 9-10 year old
release of SuSE Linux until very recently, obviously long outdated and
out of support, but I didn't need any.

I'm using perl 5.8 and 5.10, so upping the minimum to 5.8 would be fine
with me, but it's a very decent question to ask.
I guess one key question is - would continued support for 5.6 hold back
development or features in SA?  If yes, it's worth upping the minimum.

/Per Jessen, Zürich