On 23.07.09 12:06, Michael Hutchinson wrote:
> That's really strange, I don't see how DCC would fire on the subject..
> the checksum of the message must have somehow matched some Spam..

we can assume that empty messages are quite common for any reason, so they
really may get listed in those services. Don't send empty mail...

> Actually now that you mention it, I had to deal with a newsletter FP
> some time ago that was being hit by Pyzor, and then was being pushed
> over the threshold thanks to the formatting of the E-Mail. I had
> whitelisted the address for a while, and after testing about a month
> later, Pzyor was no longer hitting it, and whitelisting was removed.

did you whitelist it locally or at pyzor? As I mentioned before, some of
pyzor reporters seem to report automatically, which may list other types of
bulk messages that are not really spams..

> > I've not seen anything FP on both though, and BAYES would
> > probably prevent an FP if it did.
>
> Agreed, although the score assignments of Pyzor and DCC may warrant a
> review by some mail administrators - to be sure to be sure (that mail
> does flow).

pyzor interface needs rewriting to work with whitelist count too, not just
report count ...
Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...