On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Randy Ramsdell wrote:
The original email did not hit the NO_RELAYS rule but subsequent runs through do hit this rule and it isn't on all email.

This sounds to me like you are 'resending' the mail from a local address to your mail server, rather than 'feeding' the original mail back into spamassassin. If this is the case, then you would naturally produce a new set of headers, and there would be no external relays, thus triggering the NO_RELAYS rule....

Original rules hit.

Right there, we see 'RCVD_IN_SORBS'. This would not happen even if your own server was blacklisted with SORBS. There *was* a Received header for a relay, and somehow you have 'removed' it, either via a filtering mechanism outside SA, or by 'resending' or 'forwarding' the mail.

After running spamassassin -D

If this is what you used, then the forwarding and header rewriting must have occurred prior to this. Did someone 'forward' the spam to you as a complaint? Users often fail to properly forward with full headers enclosed.

- C