On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, Randy Ramsdell wrote:
I have no problem going over there but I am not convinced that the Amavis program is the problem. The header field is changed by spamassassin. Doesn't the email simply get handed to Spamassasin by Amavis where the headers are modified by spam report etc...?

The headers are missing.
Spamassassin records this fact, but is not responsible for it.
So find out what happens to your message BEFORE spamassassin is called.
Amavis is just a suggested starting place. And if it is to blame, someone on their list will reocgnize your query as soon as you post it.

Suggestion: After each step of your mail processing, if you can, save a copy of the mail to a log file. At least that way you get a quick overview of *which* component removes those headers....

- C