On 2016-08-18 2:10 PM, Jerry Malcolm wrote:
Thanks for the quick response.  I'll try to reply with what I know.  But
I purchased a package "SpamAssassin In A Box" from JAM Software.  I ran
the installer, and that's it.  I'm sorry that I don't know more.  But I
don't know much about the inner workings. I was just hoping it would work.

I am running Windows Server 2008 r2.  I purchased the latest version of
SpamAssassin In A Box yesterday, Full x64.  It had a build date of April
2016.  I can't find the SpamAssassin version number.  But I'm assuming
it had close to the latest build as of April.

I am a hosting server environment with several domains and several ids
per domain.  I am running the Apache JAMES 3.0 mail server, using the
JAMES-provided mailet to invoke SA.  I have been a JAMES user for over
10 years.

I understand the training of Bayes.  But I'm having a problem with
that.  I have been asking on the JAMES forum about how to run sa-learn
if I'm using a mySQL JAMES repository for mail.  No responses as yet.
So I don't know how I can train Bayes at this time.  The SpamAssassin In
a Box install asked me if I wanted them to install a pre-defined Bayes
ruleset.  I did, but clue how old it is.

So first question that I can't seem to get a response to from JAMES....
is there any code that I can use that allows sa-learn to work with JAMES
db?  Or do I have to write code that will take every spam I want to
train with and write it to an MBOX file and run sa-learn that way?  I'm
really surprised if I'm the first JAMES user that needs to run sa-learn.

The second question... in the interim is there a 'better' set of Bayes
rules that I can just download and install until I can get the first
issue resolved and can start training myself?

Here is a pastebin.com link to an example uncaught spam message. SA
scored it a 4.7. http://pastebin.com/T1CfVgP4

Hi,

We are going to need the full headers, not just the email body.

Regards,

Rick