On 8/18/2016 5:39 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
On 2016-08-18 21:08, Jerry Malcolm wrote:

Hmm.  I do not have any forwarding statements.  Is there a way via
command line (e.g. nslookup, etc) that I can determine if BIND is
recursing or forwarding?  I assume that might be in the SA report
header.  But see my previous response that I can't seem to ever get
report headers... Yuck...

dig localhost

does it say nameserver 127.0.0.1 where it queueryd it ? :=)

if yes it works

next

dig +trace ipv4.google.com

shows recursing, did it break ?, time outs ?, any problems ?

if you have ipv6

dig +trace ipv6.google.com

if that works aswell be happy

All the dig queries seemed to work fine.