>On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 16:35:12 +0000
>David Jones wrote:

>> I think the "barrier to entry" is too difficult for most.  I would
>> have to setup a new MX on a domain without MTA checks (DNS and RBL)

>I hope it doesn't actually say that anywhere. IMO the corpora should be
>dominated by the spam that's gets through to SA in actual production
>environments.

It was implied by a response from John Hardin yesterday and makes
sense.  I have tuned my production mail filters to block > 90% of spam
via DNS checks and RBLs in Postfix so SA only has to block a few
percent of the total potential mail.  That means my production SA is
not going to see the majority of spam.  I only have to deal with the
occassional compromised account sending spam for a short period
before it is either detected and locked or becomes listed on enough
RBLs.

I am currently setting up a new MX and getting mail flowing to a newly
built iRedMail server.  Then I will look at the SVN scripts to get that
part setup.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/masses/contrib/automasscheck-minimal/
I am not familiar with amavis-new since I have been using MailScanner
so I will research how to setup the SA development environment with
iRedMail's amavis-new.  I have disabled most of the Postfix settings
to block spam (DNS and RBLs) that iRedMail sets up so SA should see
almost everything sent to a catchall mailbox.  Then I plan to login to
that account regularly and categorize ham and spam.