On Sun, Aug 08, 2021 at 10:26:43AM +0200, Daniel Sahlberg wrote:
> On 2021-08-07 17:14, Joshua Kordani wrote:
> > Yes it does appear to fix the issue.  Thank you!
>
> Hi Joshua (and list),
>
> I've been trying to reproduce your issue both to have test case for
> backporting the fix and possibly also adding to the test suite. However I
> can't reproduce it, possibly I misunderstand some of your steps.
>
> Do you know the exact steps to reproduce (when running without the patch,
> obviously)?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Daniel Sahlberg

I have committed my patch in https://svn.apache.org/r1892118

I agree that having a test case would be nice to prevent this issue from
resurfacing accidentally. It could also help us to identify other similar
scenarios that don't work right. If we had a shell script which reproduced
the crash I could write a corresponding C test for the resolver. What we
lack is the sequence of changes and merges which trigger the issue.

Joshua, do you think you would be able to provide this sequence of steps,
ideally as a self-contained shell script?
We offer a suitable shell script template here:
https://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/repro-template.sh

Regards,
Stefan