On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 02:09:40PM -0400, Joshua Kordani wrote:
> The shell script is easy.  I run resolve on my codebase :-).  The trick will
> be recreating the repo history that reproduces this problem, and that has
> always been gnarly to me.  I could use some advice for this.
>
> Basically, what I will try to do is create a folder with files. create a
> branch at this point, move a file in the branch, cherry pick this commit
> with the move into trunk, and then try a top level merge of the branch into
> trunk.  Those are the things I did to the repo, I'm not sure if others
> mucked with it.  If that doesn't work, I'll have to sleuth my repo and I'll
> need help to do that

svn log -v can help you figure out what copies and deletions have
occurred. I suspect you have a case where some parent directory of the
affected file has also been deleted or replaced somewhere along the line.
Otherwise we should not get a NULL result when looking for the deleted
node in the parent directory's history.