Reply is inline. Please do not top post. I had to read your response and then scroll to the bottom to remember what I wrote.
On 12/8/2012 12:57 PM, vicky007aggar...@yahoo.co.in wrote:
Thanks Mark

Sorry for the confusion i created related to my requirements. 5 Out
of 6  requirements you stated below are correct. The last point i.e
$CATALINA_BASE is writable. I can manipulate/write files to this
location. So now do you have anything more to add to your proposed
solution as you suggested below

Thanks, Vicky

Make a directory under $CATALINA_BASE. Call it Resources. Then add in $CATALINA_BASE/bin/setenv.sh something like the following:

CLASSPATH=$CATALINA_BASE/Resouces/your-resource.jar
export CLASSPATH

Again, I've not done this so who knows if it will work.

As Chris and I (and others) have said, these resources really belong in WEB-INF/classes. I have described how you can include those in your build environment.

I understand that you have 10 web applications and the configuration files change frequently. At that point, if you don't want to continuously bounce your web applications (or Tomcat), I would look at an alternative way for reading resources. I suggested a database and JNDI.

. . . . just my two cents
/mde/

On Dec 9, 2012, at 2:09 AM, Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>