Pid,

On 12/9/12 4:31 AM, Pid * wrote:
On 8 Dec 2012, at 20:57, "vicky007aggar...@yahoo.co.in"
<vicky007aggar...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Thanks Mark

Sorry for the confusion i created related to my requirements. 5
Out of 6  requirements you stated below are correct. The last
point i.e $CATALINA_BASE is writable. I can manipulate/write
files to this location. So now do you have anything more to add
to your proposed solution as you suggested below

1. Please stop top-posting. 2. Put your resources in
CATALINA_BASE/lib

Another option is to use a VirtualClassLoader and add some random path
(/etc/myawesomewebapps/) to it in all webapps.

That's only available in Tomcat 7, yes?

Honestly, I think there are better ways to load shared configuration
than trying to share a .properties file on the disk.

+1

- -chris

/mde/