On 2014-03-11 7:44 PM, André Warnier [via Tomcat] wrote:
Maybe easier :
supposing that your user-id is "lmhelp1".
Do "adduser lmhelp1 tomcat6"
(that will add your user-id to the group tomcat6).
Then logout, and login again.
Then you would already have the permissions to read/write any file that
has the appropriate permissions to allow this for the group tomcat6.
That may be enough for what you need to do.

Hello,

> Then you would already have the permissions to read/write any file that has the appropriate permissions to allow this for the group tomcat6.

(I'm not sure that I completely understand this sentence.)

Yet, thank you for the advice about adding the user "lmhelp1" to the group "tomcat6". That's a good idea but "tomcat6", as a the owner group of the files that are created, doesn't have the write permission by default on these files...

I'm interested in ACLs but for now, I solved my problem by logging into the server as "tomcat6" (via SSH).

Best regards,
--
Léa Massiot