On 18.10.2016 13:03, Mark Juszczec wrote:
On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 1:14 AM, Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
wrote:

Am 17.10.2016 um 22:38 schrieb Mark Juszczec:

I've tried adding +ForwardURIEscaped in my conf file as follows:

# JkOptions indicate to send SSL KEY SIZE,
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURIEscaped -ForwardDirectories

I would have expected mod_jk log to show the data % encoded, but it does
not:

text: J O Ë ‹ L
hex: 0x4a 0x4f 0xc3 0x8b 0x4c

I had expected to see something like:

JO%C3%8BL

Is that reasonable?  Does it make sense?

Yes.

Could something be turning off the encoding?  Do the headers values need to
be set to something specific?

Did you put the directive into the correct VirtualHost?

Regards,

Rainer

No, the following line:

JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURIEscaped -ForwardDirectories

is in an Apache conf file, but not in a VirtualHost entry.

Can this directive go in multiple places?

See here : http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html
-->Forwarding

JkOptions are generally inherited by the <VirtualHost> sections, from the "main" (or "default") Apache configuration (aka outside <VirtualHost> entries).
But there are exceptions and additional rules, so check carefully.