On 12.11.2018 14:58, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 12/11/2018 13:44, Geraldo Netto wrote:
Hi Mark/Friends,

Anyone from Brazil/Portugal to help with translation?
I just started :)

I am truly amazed. I sent this email out ~ two hours ago and we already
have over 130 new and/or improved translations and the count is
increasing as I type this. I've updated my query a few times to get some
different views and every time I do that, the total translation count is up.

Please do spread the word about this opportunity to contribute to Apache
Tomcat.

I've been quite busy in French in the last half-hour. It's quite a difficult exercise though, because a lot of technical terms do not have a good translation in other languages than English. It ends up sounding very poetic, but I'm wondering what is the target public, and how much that will really help them when such a message pops up.
Sounds a bit like a Spanish restaurant menu translated for English tourists.

E.g. "InputStream" ==> "Flux d'entrée" ? (or "Flux d'entrée (InputStream)" ?)