On 13/11/2018 12:32, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 12:49 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm aiming to export the translations on a regular basis to the Tomcat
>> source code. How regularly will depend on the rate of new/updated
>> translations but as a minimum, I'm aiming to get any updates into the
>> next Tomcat 9 release.
>>

> Ok. Could you remove "French (MC)" ? No idea where it comes from but in
> Monaco they do standard French, and it's too small anyway :D

Done. I wasn't sure about that one. Currently, any contributor can add a
new language. I left it open to let the community set the direction.

More generally...

I don't have any fixed rules in mind for when I'll a new language to the
Tomcat source code but the bar was set pretty low for what we had before
POEditor was being used. My gut feeling is 1-2% is sufficient.

I've just completed the first set of updates. It might be worth checking
the commits on the dev list (e.g. [1]) to make sure I haven't messed
anything up.

The community generated over 300 new translations yesterday which is
fantastic - and new translators continue to join. If you haven't
already, please spread the word.

I'm planning on making any Tomcat committers that sign up, admins for
the project.

Mark

[1] https://tomcat.markmail.org/thread/d5gt43lhgiw2miyc