On 9/7/2022 1:35 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 07/09/2022 04:22, Terence M. Bandoian wrote:

It looks like there's something going on with the CRLF sequence that should separate the header section from the body in digest attachments. However, it's difficult to tell where it's happening.

 From RFC 5322:

    A message consists of header fields (collectively called "the header
    section of the message") followed, optionally, by a body. The header
    section is a sequence of lines of characters with special syntax as
    defined in this specification.  The body is simply a sequence of
    characters that follows the header section and is separated from the
    header section by an empty line (i.e., a line with nothing preceding
    the CRLF).

In Thunderbird, in every attachment that is displayed as blank or is missing a leading portion of the message, there is no empty line between the header section and the body in the message source.

In gmail, those attachments are displayed, mostly, but when I download the source, there is no empty line separating the header section from the body. I say mostly because, in some cases, gmail does not display a leading portion of the message, but starts after the first blank line.

This suggests that the digest is not including empty lines between the header section and body of attachments. I found a couple of digests from 2020 and, in all attachments, an empty line was included between the header section and body.

Has the digest code changed recently?

Thanks for looking into this.

ezmlm (the software that runs the mailing lists) was updated around the time you first reported these problems.

Please raise the issue of the missing line with the ASF infrastructure team as they manage ezmlm for all ASF projects.

Thanks again,

Mark

Done.

-Terence