On 9/8/2022 8:55 AM, Berneburg, Cris J. - US wrote:
Hi Terence

I have similar issues.

First, I was suddenly unable to send e-mail to the list using an
e-mail address that I have used on the list since at least 2005,
as mentioned above. I got around this by (re)subscribing to both
users and users-digest. This may be why you found my e-mail
address listed twice as a subscriber.
What isn't clear is whether a subscription to the list in the non-
digest form is now required to send messages to the list. (I was
previously subscribed to the digest only and had been able to
send messages to the list.) I should be able to test this without
too much trouble.
1. I stopped being able to reply to the digest after being subscribed for a few years.  Thanks for
the idea about subbing to the "users" messaging service.  At Mark's suggestion, I opened
a Jira ticket, which is still unresolved, "Subscriber Reply Posts to users@tomcat.apache.org
Bounced".  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-23619  I now see individual messages
from myself since subscribing to that service (in addition to the digest).

Second, some attachments in the digest are still not displayed
in Thunderbird (shown as blank).I previously mistakenly reported
that some digest attachments were not displayed in gmail but that
looks to have been due to operator error as I'm now able to see
attachments in gmail including those shown as blank in Thunderbird.
2. Also, some digest messages are blank for me, but other folks' replies to them are not.
 It's often original messages from specific users.  Maybe we can compare what we see.
Not using multiple client apps, I don't know if the blankness is due to client app
misinterpretation or if the problem originates on the server.  I have not been keeping
track of how long this has been happening, but it seems to be a "recent" issue,
at least for me.  FYI, I use MS Outlook on Exchange Server.

--
Cris Berneburg
CACI Senior Software Engineer

________________________________

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be company sensitive, proprietary, privileged
or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be used
solely by the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient,
be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.

Hi, Cris-

Thanks for creating the JIRA issue about not being able to send messages to the list. From the comments on the issue, it appears they've identified a problem.

I created an issue for the blank digest messages:

which appears to be due a missing CRLF sequence following the header section. It's currently "WAITING FOR INFRA" so I don't think anyone has had a chance to look at it.

-Terence Bandoian