Okay, success! THANK YOU! Success defined as my app now working, I just have to try some SSI with it. ;-)

Some clarification, if you don't mind.

My apps seem to have Context.xml 's in:

$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/manager/META-INF/Context.xml

and

$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/probe/META-INF/Context.xml

These seem to have the privileged=true contained within.

I did the same with my webapp e.g. $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/META- INF/Context.xml

Are those necessary in addition to $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/ [hostname]/yourapp.xml ? Or is this all that I really need?

-Steve