> From: Nikhil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: tomcat, apache with mod_jk and mod_auth_kerb
>
> I have earlier tried using the mod_rewrite module
> with proxy  .. but that would ask me to enable the
> http connector port of the tomcat instance and will
> prompt to keep the spoofing chances wide open.

Not necessarily.  You could configure address attribute of the Tomcat HTTP
<Connector> to listen only on 127.0.0.1 if httpd is on the same system, or if
on a different system, configure Tomcat's RemoteAddrValve to limit requests to
just that system.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/valve.html#Remote%20Address%20Filter

You may need to adjust the above links for the Tomcat version you're using,
which you didn't bother to tell us.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.