Nikhil wrote:
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Nikhil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Rainer Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

First of all 5.5.12 is very outdated and also very early in the 5.5
release cycle.

You need to add 'tomcatAuthentication="false"' in the Connector element
for your AJP connector. The connector you showed us above is

- an https connector
- a comment and not active

At least two good reasons, why this is not the right one. The AJP
Connector is the one, which uses port 8009 in the default configuration and
which you can identify by 'protocol="AJP/1.3"'.

Regards,

Rainer

Oops.. here is the http connector line in my configuration:

    <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

Thanks Rainer. I will try out the later releases.. may be tomcat6 itself.

Nikhil

but still.. I do not get what is wrong with 5.5.12 and what could I do
atleast in the httpd configuration that would get the kerberized apache
 authentication working in the tomcat apps.

Again, the http connector is *not* what you need to edit, if you want to combine Tomcat with mod_jk or mod_proxy_ajp. It is the AJP connector. See my previous mail.

You need to add tomcatAuthentication="false" to that connector.

Regards,

Rainer