> The remote user gets forwarded automatically, but in order to make Tomcat
> accept that info and not try to authenticate itself, you need to set
> tomcatAuthentication="false" in the ajp connector element in server.xml.
>
> See also http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html
>

> If you want to forward additional info, you could use httpd env vars and
> JkEnvVars. On the Tomcat side, retrieve those via
> request.getAttribute("MyEnvVar").
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer

Hi Rainer,

I am using Tomcat -5.5.12 and this is what I have in my server.xml
configuration for http:

    <!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->
    <!--
               acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />
    -->

I could not lookup for the attribute tomcatAuthentication in the
configuration however.