On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Eric B. <ebe...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any documentation / howtos available for securely setting up
> mod_proxy_http and/or mod_proxy_ajp with tomcat?  The little that I
> know/remember about mod_proxy_http is that if you're not careful, you can
> end up with some major security holes in your installation.

Do you have any references to substantiate that?

Because a quick google turns up *one* reference to a DoS attack
vulnerability in Apache httpd 2.0 -- which requires the "attacker" to
*own* the system being proxied to, an unlikely scenario IMHO.

And for the record I prefer mod_proxy_http because I can monitor
all active production connectors with standard http requests using
e.g. Nagios, as well as manually check with a browser.

So I'd definitely be interested in hearing more about any other known
vulnerabilities.

H*
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com