Color me crazy, but I'm working on a WSDL project now and ... well ...
yuck.  Sorry .. just had to get that out of my system.  :-)

The services offered by manager should work for what you want.  The link
below is for tomcat 6, but there are equivalents for whatever version
you are working with:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Supported%20Manager%20Commands

--David