On 23/11/2009 13:06, Looijmans, Mike wrote:
Because you want different sets of webapps served on your
different connectors, I *think* you'll need two different
Services in your server.xml:

<Server>
   <Service>  for port 80
     <Connector>  for port 80
     <Engine>  for port 80
       <Host>  for port 80, specifying base directory for your
port 80 webapps
     </Engine>  for port 80
   </Service>  for port 80

   <Service>  for port 666
     <Connector>  for port 666
     <Engine>  for port 666
       <Host>  for port 666, specifying base directory for your
port 666 webapps
     </Engine>  for port 666
   </Service>  for port 666
</Server>

The fastest way to make such a configuration will be to edit
your existing server.xml, copy+paste the
<Service>...</Service>  section (which is most of the file)
and hack at the copy as necessary.

I tried this, just to be able to make some progress on the actual
project, but it does not work as expected. I copied the<server>  part
and replaced:

       <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" />

with

       <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps/myapp" />

You're telling the Host to look for war files or exploded app directories in "webapps/myapp".

Instead, set it to "webapps2" or a similar existing directory and place the web app inside that directory.

 /path/to/tomcat/webapps
 /path/to/tomcat/webapps/ROOT
 /path/to/tomcat/webapps/myapp

 /path/to/tomcat/webapps2/ROOT
 /path/to/tomcat/webapps2/otherapp

And changed the connector to use port 666. The result is that when I
browse to http://localhost:666/ I get a blank page. No error message,
just "nothing". If I change the Host thing to read:

       <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps/aDirThatDoesNotExistAtAll"
/>

I get the same result: Silently nothing.

If I revert the Host part by removing the subdir, I can acess
http://localhost:666/myapp just fine.

Duh?

Mike.

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.

immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

Thank you for your co-operation.