> > I tried this, just to be able to make some progress on the actual
> > project, but it does not work as expected. I copied
> the<server>  part
> > and replaced:
> >
> >        <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" />
> >
> > with
> >
> >        <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps/myapp" />
>
> You're telling the Host to look for war files or exploded app
> directories in "webapps/myapp".

Yes I do. Isn't that what I want then?

I want http://localhost/myapp/ and http://localhost:666/ to mean the
same, so just moving the webapps root a level deeper seems the logical
thing to do.

> Instead, set it to "webapps2" or a similar existing directory
> and place the web app inside that directory.
>
>   /path/to/tomcat/webapps
>   /path/to/tomcat/webapps/ROOT
>   /path/to/tomcat/webapps/myapp
>
>   /path/to/tomcat/webapps2/ROOT
>   /path/to/tomcat/webapps2/otherapp

If I understand your suggestion correctly, that would make
http://localhost/myapp/ and http://localhost:666/otherapp/ equivalent -
not what I want - and it requires me to install two copies of the
servlet in different locations?

Mike.

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.

immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

Thank you for your co-operation.