> No. You want webapps/myapp to be treated as the ROOT context
> for a host.
> appBase="webapps/myapp" means look in the webapps/myapp
> directory to find contexts for this host. The ROOT context in
> that case would be webapps/myapp/ROOT
>
> As a general rule any configuration that boils down to docBase==""
> (which is the same as appBase==docBase) is not going to
> behave they way you want it to.

Since I don't understand a bit of this reply, I'll interpret it as
"please go read the manual"...

> > I want http://localhost/myapp/ and http://localhost:666/ to
> mean the
> > same, so just moving the webapps root a level deeper seems
> the logical
> > thing to do.
>
> That would be logical if the file system mapped directly to
> the web URL space but it doesn't.

Probably the word "apache" has lead me into believing that tomcat would
behave like other webservers: Just point it to some root location and
then it will follow the filesystem.

> If you follow that route yes. Another option would be to put
> the webapp somewhere outside of any host's appBase and then
> you can use context.xml files under CATALINA_BASE/<engine
> name>/<host name> to add the webapp to as many hosts as you like.

Needless to say, I again have no idea what you're talking about... back
to reading the documentation again...

Mike.

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.

immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

Thank you for your co-operation.