> From: Alexander Hartner [mailto:a...@j2anywhere.com]
> Subject: Re: Active DataSource Connection count never decreasing with
> PostgreSQL
>
> > Put this into either META-INF/context.xml within your WAR/webapp
> > directory, or into CATALINA_BASE/Catalina/[hostname]/ROOT.xml
> >
> > Remove the "path" and "docBase" attributes when you move the
> > <Context> element.
>
> I really like it that way as it allows me to configure what I need to
> in one central place without having to touch or expand the WAR file.

And it breaks things.  You are now getting double deployment, once under the
name AddressBookServer and once again as ROOT.  Do it the right way, by
renaming your .war file to ROOT.war, and placing the <Context> element in
conf/Catalina/[host]/ROOT.xml - that also avoids having to change the contents
of the .war file.  (Note that Chris' suggesting was missing part of the path.)
As Chris said, when you do that, remove the path and docBase attributes.

> This also works great for me. My database folder is relative the the
> startup script.

That's really asking for trouble.  A parser has complete freedom to ignore any
.. entry in a URL, so if it happens to be working now, you're extremely lucky,
and there's no guarantee it will work tomorrow.  The URL is *not* relative to
any current directory, since it doesn't target the file system per se.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.