> From: Alexander Hartner [mailto:a...@j2anywhere.com]
> Subject: Re: Active DataSource Connection count never decreasing with
> PostgreSQL

Just send responses to the list, please - not to individuals.

> However there doesn't seem to be an option to set the root
> application without renaming the WAR to ROOT.war, or is there.

Appropriately naming the .war file is certainly easiest way of declaring the
default webapp.  Alternatively, you can create a <Context> element in
conf/Catalina/[host]/ROOT.xml with a docBase attribute that points to a .war
file *outside* of Tomcat's directory structure.

> as well as set the application accessible on the root (/) path.

The path for the default webapp is "", not "/".

> Ideally I would like to set the deployment path to / in
> META-INF/context.xml

Not possible.

> but configure the database connection outside the WAR
> to allow me to change between different database.

Do as suggested above and place the <Resource> element inside the <Context>
element in conf/Catalina/[host]/ROOT.xml.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.