> From: Alexander Hartner [mailto:a...@j2anywhere.com]
> Subject: Re: Active DataSource Connection count never decreasing with
> PostgreSQL

Again, please send just to the mailing list, not to individuals.

> conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Context docBase="apps/AddressBookServer.war">

Apparently you missed this bit from a previous response:

"with a docBase attribute that points to a .war file *outside* of Tomcat's
directory structure"

Where *outside* is the critical term.

>   <Environment name="LicenseFile" value="Licensekey.license"
> type="java.lang.String" override="true"/>
>   <Environment name="BackupsFolder" value="../backups"
> type="java.lang.String" override="true"/>

Note that setting override="true" allows <env-entry> settings in
WEB-INF/web.xml to override <Environment> elements nested inside the <Context>;
is that really what you want?

> url="jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost:28081/../db/AddressBookDB;LOCK_TIMEOUT=60000"

I still have no idea how to make any sense out of that URL.

>  connectionURL="jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost:28081/../db/AddressBookDB;LOCK_TIMEOUT=60000"

Nor the second one.

> I guess this is causes as I have a META-INF/context.xml file
> inside my WAR.

No, it's because the docBase on the <Context> element above points to a
location under appBase (exactly what the message says), which you've been told
before is a no-no.

> I am using tomcat 6.0.18. Is this supposed to work with
> this release or should I upgrade to 6.0.24 ?

The config you have won't work with any release (other than by some accident),
since it's illegal.  Regardless, I would certainly move up to 6.0.24; no point
in debugging on a level that's a year-and-a-half and many, many fixes old.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.