> From: Johan Martinez [mailto:jmart...@gmail.com]
> Subject: IP based request filters for admin/manager
>
> How can I deny access to default welcome/index page,
> changelog, release-notes etc.?

If you're deploying Tomcat in any kind of environment that requires securing
access to various components, you would normally replace the default webapp
(ROOT) with one of your own, thereby eliminating the changelog, release-notes,
etc.

If you want to restrict access to specific resources within a webapp, use the
servlet-spec defined mechanisms to configure security for the webapp.  (Some
familiarity with the servlet spec is required before fooling around with a
servlet container such as Tomcat.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.