On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> It is in scope with the caveat - as always - that it depends on what the
> final implementation looks like. I do know (from debug logging) that
> right now tokens do not allow delegation. I suspect the hardest part of
> implementing this will be figuring out what config needs tweaking to
> allow that.

I think that credential delegation is configured at the domain
controller and client side, as this nice article describes:
http://spnego.sourceforge.net/credential_delegation.html

>> I am sure this would be useful for some applications - for example the
>> one that we are currently developing needs functionality like this.
>
> Testing help always appreciated if you are happy running the latest
> 7.0.x release (this should be in 7.0.12 which I plan to start releasing
> just as soon as I finish everything on my todo list).

We already have some hand written custom code for this. We will not be
switching to 7.0.x (we will be deploying to tcServer in producion, and
it will probably take lots of time for 7.0.12 changes to appear in
some version of tcServer, so we need the custom code we have at the
moment).
I might however try to deploy our app to 7.0.12 when it is out - and
see how much of our custom code will get removed by this spnego
support that you are writing now.

--
Why?
Because YES!