On 29/03/2011 21:18, Borut Hadžialić wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> It is in scope with the caveat - as always - that it depends on what the
>> final implementation looks like. I do know (from debug logging) that
>> right now tokens do not allow delegation. I suspect the hardest part of
>> implementing this will be figuring out what config needs tweaking to
>> allow that.
>
> I think that credential delegation is configured at the domain
> controller and client side, as this nice article describes:
> http://spnego.sourceforge.net/credential_delegation.html

Thanks. That is one of the many articles I have read over the last few
days but I had forgotten which ones mentioned what. I'll take a look.

>>> I am sure this would be useful for some applications - for example the
>>> one that we are currently developing needs functionality like this.
>>
>> Testing help always appreciated if you are happy running the latest
>> 7.0.x release (this should be in 7.0.12 which I plan to start releasing
>> just as soon as I finish everything on my todo list).
>>

> We already have some hand written custom code for this. We will not be
> switching to 7.0.x (we will be deploying to tcServer in producion, and
> it will probably take lots of time for 7.0.12 changes to appear in
> some version of tcServer, so we need the custom code we have at the
> moment).

Fair enough.

<off-topic>
With my VMware hat on that is is probably going to be sooner than you
think it is but I can't give you any firm dates.
</off-topic>

> I might however try to deploy our app to 7.0.12 when it is out - and
> see how much of our custom code will get removed by this spnego
> support that you are writing now.

That would be great. Any testing and feedback is always helpful.

Mark