All,
I have submitted a Jira on this topic.  I will leave it to the great minds
to debate.  In any case, it appears restarting the container cannot notify
the HttpSessionListeners that are bound to the page store files.  It would
be nice if the framework can cleanup what I consider a leak of the cache
files it created.  Otherwise folks like myself living in an high traffic
site are forced to generate script look for old page store cache files.