as long as your server doesn't crash and isn't terminate by a kill -9
no files are leaked..

When that does happen then yes you have to clean it up.
If you dont care about those files after a restart then in the script that
starts your webcontainer
you will just remove all the files in the work dir.

I don't think wicket can do much about it.

johan