On Jan 11, 2008 9:08 AM, Edward Yakop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2008 11:04 PM, Ryan Sonnek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I don't care if it can be optomized if it introduces more complexity.
> > How often are people drag/dropping objects on webpages anyways?  There
> > isn't a need to support 100,000 operations per second for this kind of
> > operation.  Looping over components in a page is blazing fast unless
> > you have *thousands* of components on your page.
>
> Using page.getPath is much easier than creating your own visitor class.
> Look at DraggableTargetBehavior, and please tell me that it's actually
> harder to do.

It's not the code for finding the component that bothers me.  as you
said, it's very easy.  My problem is that now you have to muck with
the scriptaculous javascript callback to extract the component path
instead of just using the default behavior which is to transfer the
markup id.  This makes the code more brittle in my opinion since the
scriptaculous behavior may change in the future.

Also, I still don't see how this would work for the SortableListView?