On Jan 11, 2008 11:04 PM, Ryan Sonnek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't care if it can be optomized if it introduces more complexity.
> How often are people drag/dropping objects on webpages anyways?  There
> isn't a need to support 100,000 operations per second for this kind of
> operation.  Looping over components in a page is blazing fast unless
> you have *thousands* of components on your page.

Using page.getPath is much easier than creating your own visitor class.
Look at DraggableTargetBehavior, and please tell me that it's actually
harder to do.

> If there's an easy way to grab the component path for both Draggable
> objects *AND* the SortableListView, I'd be interested to see it *and*
> see benchmarks for it.
I'm not sure why hostility is ensued here. The fact that the getPath
is simpler to do and more optimized, I wonder why don't look at the
code in there instead.

> So far, I have only been able to get both the SortableListView and the
> DraggableBehavior to use markup id's, and i'm very pleased with how
> easy *and clean* it is to do this.  any other solution will have a
> tough time swaying my opinion unless it's very simple to do.

If u can get the markup id, u can get the path. And the code is
simpler to retrieve the component.

Regards,
Edward Yakop