Sorry, I am new to Java (as well as Wicket).  As it stands, I do not have a
handle on Models.  I have determined to head down the Wicket road (as I
learn Java).  Thus, I am looking for clear examples (which I am finding all
too difficult to find).  BTW, I am hoping your book will be written to
educate 'new' Java programmers.

OK.  I have the following line in a Wicket Panel, which adds a RadioChoice
to a Form.  Is it not possible to modify my line of code to 'include' a
default selection?

add(sexRadioChoice = (RadioChoice) new RadioChoice("sexRadioChoice", new
PropertyModel(properties,
"sexRadioChoice"),GENDERLIST).setSuffix("").setRequired(true));

If not, where and *how* do I set the model object?

Thanks! - Scott

set it in your model object.

Martijn