Am Freitag, 18. Januar 2008 23:43:18 schrieb scottomni:

>     private RadioChoice genderChoice;
>
>     public RadioChoice getGender(){
>       return genderChoice.getModelObjectAsString();
>     }
>
>     public void setGender(){
>     this.genderChoice = "Male";
>     }
>
> Both of my Methods fail, due to incompatible Types.
The cause of this is that "Male" is of type String and genderChoice is of type
RadioChoice. But you can't say that an apple (RadioChoice) is an (=) orange
(String).

I would suggest, that you start with a good java book. Wicket is not the right
place to start learning java. It's more a good start learning
web-development.

> Hence, I don't get
> what I need to do to display a RadioChoice (on a Form) and Get/Set the
> values (which I will be storing in a database).  Additional note: I am
> picked up 'getModelObjectAsString' from a Login Example.
The example you should understand is here
http://www.wicketstuff.org/wicket13/forminput/
There is a link in the upper right corner with source code. The classes
FormInput.java and FormInputModel.java should help you out.

Otherwise i really appriciate that you know the java basics before you start
with wicket development. It makes it easier for everyone :-)

Cheers
Per