On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 1:37 PM, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 3/9/08, djo.mos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  > This simply looks great ! I think this should make it into the core Wicket
>  >  behaviors as the componenet focus is quite useful.
>  >

>  Me too!  That's why I submitted:
>
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1404
>
>  I was pretty surprised something didn't exist for this already.  I
>  don't mean any offense by that at all.  It's just that it seems like
>  every time I think to myself "there should be a way to do x with
>  Wicket", there's already something for that!  This Wicket stuff is
>  pretty cool!

i dont think something like this should go into core. it seems pretty
clear from this thread that there are very many ways to do this and
each project will use their own. what you have proposed seems trivial
to construct, so for projects that want to use it its a nobrainer. i
think things that go into core should at least satisfy the majority of
common usecases or be at least of moderate complexity. if we start
putting every trivial thing like this into core we will end up with a
huge surface area - at which point you have to start thinking of the
find/build tradeoff - is it easier to find something that does what i
want in core or simply roll my own which will only take fifteen
minutes...

now, for example, if this behavior was meant to be attached to a form
and would set focus on the first component that is not valid...

-igor