Thanks for your reply.
The app is running in development mode and I did not change anything in the
quickstart project, however there's no re-deployment at all. :-/

Other wicket users out there, does this work for you? If yes: HTML only or
classes too?
Just wondering what exactly is the way it should be, and whether I am the
only one having problems...