Because of discussions such as this. I'd like folks to actually use an
IDE and the quickstart as it was intended. We made the quickstart so
that this type of questions don't get asked—saves time, energy and
frustrations on both ends.

mvn jetty:run is nice to quickly test a web project, but not for
development. As you mentioned redeployment— with the embedded jetty in
a debugger redeployment is often not necessary when you use hotswap.
If you haven't used that, you're missing out. With JavaRebel things
are even brighter—no redeployment or restarting of servers (but I
haven't toyed with their latest releases)

Martijn