ok you should be in...

We take jira and CI later.. Ok?

Happy new year

cazoury wrote:
Thank you every one for your answers and interests on the project.

I will be very happy for the project to go on Wicketstuff repo.

My nick on sourceforge is : cazoury, I will post that on the dev list.

Hopefully everything will be checked in before the end of the week.

In terms of the actual validation, have you given any thought yet to how
this can be done as DRY as possible wrt respecifying (equivalent/similar) validation at various layers including Wicket's, the ORM's, in business rules etc?

for the DRY principle we only take into account the validators defined on
the form components. Nothing else for the moment. They are some Validators
in Wicket that are not available in YAV and the contrary. Maybe a next step
will be to add them on the YAV side so all the default Wicket validators can
be taken into account.

But first, the checkin of the code :)

Nino Martinez-2 wrote:
I like to keep my contributions in wicketstuff repo, and I think us wicketstuffers would be happy to have your project there .. But no matter what I think you should contribute the stuff you've done :)

So if you want, just post your sourceforge nick to the dev list to get write permissions.. And I think your project should go into wicketstuff core, but jeremy can fill you in on that :)

cazoury wrote:
Hi,

We have been working on a small project to integrate http://yav.sourceforge.net/ YAV library with Wicket. It is javascript
validation purely on the client side. YAV has a LGPL licence and is a
sourceforge project.

I know that we can use an Ajax Behavior to validate the form with the
validators present on the server side, but this is to respond to one of
our
client needs and also to illustrate how easy it is to integrate an
existing
javascript library with Wicket.

It has also some nice features like using in the javascript validation
the
same messages as the ones used by the Wicket application (default
messages
and user defined messages)

We would like to contribute, if possible, this code (wicket-contrib /
wicket-stuff) if people finds this interesting. But I am not sure what
are
the different steps for that.

We where thinking making it a sourceforge or googlecode project, maybe it
is
the first step and then I could post the link to it on this forum.

Everyone enjoy the last day(s) of this year :)

Carl Azoury