James,

That's some coincidence - I just tried to register the same name at Google
code earlier today for the wicketwebbeans folks (they're currently on
SourceForge) in case we want to migrate there because Google code seems to
be more responsive and cleaner.

I've been talking to Dan ad Daniel for a few days as we want to get a 1.1
release out as soon as we can (in the next week or so) that takes care of a
couple of minor but irritating 1.0 bugs.

Then, jWeekend will host live sample apps so more people can see that this
is in fact a very useful little framework and, from my limited experience,
it just works, and saves a lot of tedious code.

My first thoughts are that I'm not sure it's worth the confusion if you take
over that name - Dan would have the final say in that of course and I would
support his decision. It's probably not a bad idea to see what progress is
made on your new project first to see if it will actually materialises and a
1.0 release sees the light of day before taking over the name of an existing
and already released project which I believe could become quite a handy tool
for people once we've made some minor fixes. The next steps for the current
wicketwebbeans project could be to add a few new components and features and
port it to Wicket 1.4; these are the things Dan, Daniel and I have been
looking at.

It'd be interesting to hear what the core devs have to say on the naming
matter as well, as your idea could be seen as part of a strategic plan for
Wicket - and, so could Dan's project.

Regards - Cemal
http://jWeekend.com jWeekend