here my code for textarea

public class CustomTextArea<T> extends TextArea<T> {

        /**
         *
         */

        public static final AttributeModifier  rows=new
AttributeModifier("rows",true, new Model<String>("8"));

        public static final AttributeModifier  cols=new
AttributeModifier("cols",true, new Model<String>("120"));

        public static final AttributeModifier  maxlength=new
AttributeModifier("maxlength",true, new Model<String>("4000"));

        public CustomTextArea(String id) {
                super(id);
                add(rows);
                add(cols);
                add(maxlength);
                add(new AuditBehaviour.TextAreaBeahaviour());

code for  AuditBehaviour.TextAreaBeahaviour()

    public static class TextAreaBeahaviour  extends  JQueryBehavior{
        @Override
        public void renderHead(IHeaderResponse response) {
                super.renderHead(response);
                response.renderJavascriptReference(TEXTAREA_MAX_LENGTH);
                response.renderJavascriptReference(TINY_MCE);

response.renderJavascript(((AuditWicketApplication)Application.get()).getTextAreaMaxLengthScript(),
null);

response.renderJavascript(((AuditWicketApplication)Application.get()).getTinymceScript(),
null);

scripts

for max length i am using jquery   maxlength validation

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
                                                         //Set maxlength of all
the textarea (call plugin)
                                                         $().maxlength();
                                                })

for text area

inyMCE.init({ mode : "textareas" });

 and as the later guy suggested I am using ajaxlink to submit my form  does
ajaxlink has any issues with tinynmce ?
and when form is posted the my model get updated with   <p><br
mce_bogus="1"></p>  and not the actual text