My "redirect" method isn't overriding anything, it's just there to provide a
shortcut to an external redirect, should I need it.  Could it still be doing
some damage, somehow?

I was using bookmarkable pages just before switching to Hybrids, at the same
time I started using @RequireHttps, so they did work just fine.